Thursday, May 7, 2015

New Design Day!



I'm kind of stuck on my home renovations right now, so I thought it would be a good time to get some snoods and hats listed while I watch Flip or Flop on Netflix and plan out what I need to get done next. If I can't work on my house, might as well watch someone else work on theirs, right? 

Most of the time I feel like I've run out of new characters to turn into snoods, but occasionally I'll be browsing Pinterest or a magazine and see a "why didn't I think of this sooner" idea. Today's idea is the hippo. Really, this is a huge duh moment in my life. I see tons of comparisons of pit bulls and hippos, so it is only fitting that I turn my pit bull into a hippo in hopes someone put there will want to as well.
 Mr. Hippo
Mr. Hippo Man

This one is a lot like a mouse snood, but instead of pink on the inside of the ear they have white. The ears sit a little closer together than on a bear snood. I think he makes a great hippo!

Lincoln was in a good mood today and we managed to make it outside in time before the sun was too high and hot. As long as he's in a good mood and likes my choice of cookies for the day I figured I might as well get some more photos done. It isn't often we get a chance to do a lot at one time, might as well go for it while you can.

The next one I really, really like. I love the color combination on this one. I'm calling this a white mouse. This one is really a beige color with cute little beige and  pink ears.
The Early Bird Gets the Worm, But the Second Mouse Gets the Cheese

Just as with the hippo and the grey mouse, this one has cute little rounded, close set ears on top. I think this one turned out well and can't wait to sell my first one.

I also got a shark photographed, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it just yet. I'm not sure I like the design on the fin as well as I should. Here's a peek at it


I'm thinking a re-do is in order for this one. I stuffed the fin with scrap yarn to help it stand, but I think it just made it bulge in weird places. One day I'll get the shark just right. I'm just hoping I get it done before Shark Week!

That's all for now. I'm off to prepare to try to sand down a textured wall tomorrow. That's a long story that I plan on sharing in the near future. I just have to make sure I don't let it defeat me first!



No comments:

Post a Comment